Hi all this is time for all of you to move on to Gingerbread from your stock eclair on Xperia X8 or W8 Walkman.
Here comes the new ROM GingerDX with Gingerbread 2.3.7 and Core CM7 from doixanh @xda.
2D performance was greatly improved in GingerDX (compared to stock CM7) because of lots of optimizations. The camera is working perfectly with 3mp for still and VGA for video.
- Clean and latest CM7 Nightlies. Latest Gingerbread 2.3.7.
- Fully working Camera
- Minimal number of apps are installed.
- Lightweight: maximum 99MB of free RAM.
- My favorite modules: X8Gesture v007, X8Undervolt v001, X8MDDI v001, AX8 SMARTASS
- The usual things with other ROMs: wifi / bluetooth / usb / sensors / 3d / video / fmradio / camera / rooted / jit / zipaligned / app2sd / …
- Smooth. It IS as smooth as CM6 in 2D (menu scrolling/flinging…)
- A-Theme Lite included.
- WEP adhoc supported
- Dual Recovery and reboot to xRecovery/CWM
- CallMeLouder: Louder ringer when the phone is inside bags.
- Improved Flipping down mutes ringer
- Flipping down snoozes alarm
- Disable LED notification in night
- Back button ends call
- Built-in Transparent Status Bar support
- Hide avatar in SMS
- Quick Copy / Quick Paste
- View.measure() method caching for improved 2D performance
- Custom carrier text
- Built-in loop ringtone support without OGG editing
- Optimized (“smoothened”) scrolling/flinging
- Random Lockscreen
- Sense Lockscreen / Boot sound / Ringtone / Live WallPaper
- Smart dialer
- Sleep button on Power Control widget
- Recent apps on status bar
- Center clock on status bar
- Status bar battery indicator
- Configuration section (with localization for many languages)
– ClockworkMod Recovery (v014+)
– Latest kernel and latest baseband xxx015
– Desire to delete Stock SE’s Eclair
Downloads: Note: If you have any bugs, try full-wipe.
- v015 | v015 Phone hotfix
- v014 | v014 hotfix wifi
Addons (Optional). Note: flash these after you flash GingerDX
- Timescape for GingerDX v010+
- Modules for stock kernel. Flash with CWM. This package contains: AnDyX’s Dualtouch for Cypress, AnDyX’s smartass governor, ext3/4, X8Gesture, X8MDDI, X8UV.
0. (Optional but highly recommended) Flash LinuxDX.
2. Copy to sdcard
3. Reboot to CWM (v014+) or xRecovery (v013-)
4. Install custom zip
5. (Optional) Install addons custom zip
All versions will preserve your DATA partition, so don’t worry about losing apps/setting.
Themes (Note: I am not responsible for system instability caused by these themes)
GingerDX’s officially included theme is A-Theme Lite by AChep . Full version of A-Theme slowed GingerDX’s scrolling a little bit.
GingerDX’s core is CM7. That means it natively supports T-Mobile themes. Download theme to your phone and use Theme Chooser app (included in GingerDX) to select theme.
How to “Sensify” your GingerDX. This is not real sense, but it’s nice
1. First you need Launcher Pro Sense. Search on the net for apk.
2. Install old Fancy Widget (I’m using v1.3.0), or Launcher Pro Sense Widgets
3. Install NTSense, a theme for CM7, and apply it in Theme Chooser
4. Use Sense Live Wallpaper (will be included in v013+)
5. Use Sense Lockscreen in GingerDX settings
Your X8 or W8 will look great!🙂
Courtesy: XDA forum